Image Map

Layering 101

08 March 2014

Layering 101

Anyone who knows me knows I love to layer. I rarely wear just one piece unless it's the summertime and it's 90 degrees out. So, I thought I would create a post on how I like to layer my pieces.

Look 1:
Look 1 features three layers. I love the look of layering a casual dress over a button up shirt. I paired a black & white striped dress over a chambray shirt and  topped the look with a herringbone vest. A pair of tights and booties complete the look.

Look 2:
Look 2 features a striped sweater over a chambray shirt and black skinny jeans. This is my go to look during the Winter. I often will swap out jeans for skinny pants or cords for a work appropriate look. Adding a statement necklace makes the look more interesting and a little dressy too.

Look 3: 
Look 3 is the easiest look to create and one of my favorites. I own very similar pieces in my closet and I wear this look all the time in the Spring. You can upgrade a simple tee and jeans outfit by adding a lightweight jacket and a multicolored scarf. One of my favorite jackets is my army green jacket which I wear with pretty much everything. Wearing a floral scarf ties the look and colors together.

Linking up with Friday's Fab Favorites Link Up , What I'm Loving Fridays & Lovely Thursdays.

Thanks for reading!

1 comment: